This year started off with a bang as we welcomed 3 top artists to execute 4 new additions to our Gallery of Giants.
We were thrilled to host ROY Graffiti, Mantra Rea & Dulk this year. We watched and marveled at their methods, grace, expression coming alive through art.
Roy installed a beautiful sea turtle in conjunction wth the marine awareness & touristic program, Guias Turisticas del Refugio Nacional de Playa Hermosa. This wall was installed at the local elementary school just in time for the students’ return for the 2019 school year.
Roy Graffiti, January 2019.
Dulk & Mantra Rea painted a total of 3 murals in Jacó, at Calle Madrigales & the beach road from the Farmers’ Market. They each had a solo composition and, for the first time, a collaboration project. All three are magical gifts of love and creativity for the city of Jacó.
Dulk. Frágil. February 2019.
Mantra Rea, Nature Morte du Morpho. February 2019
Dulk & Mantra Rea, El Coleccionista. February 2019.
5 ways to donate:
- One time cash donation.
- Support Artify with a monthly contribution of $5-25.
- Donate goods or services when needed.
- Sponsor a public or private commission.
- Become a Community Friend with $100 – $500 annual pledge.
4 guiding principles:
- We believe installing public art instills pride in our community.
- Our community outreach programs get young people involved in the cultural movement in Jacó.
- We support artists by paying fair prices for public & private commissions.
- Investing in the beautification of our town is good for small businesses.
3 years running:
Since 2017, we have been adding to our collection, the Gallery of Giants. And it just keeps getting better. Help us continue our efforts!
2 things to remember:
- Artify Jacó is a micro organization of volunteers seeking to celebrate art through nature. We promote a range of creative initiatives, specifically the installation of large, medium & small works of interactive public art, as well as youth programs.
- We rely on donations & private commissions to fund it all.
1 final thought:
Public art enriches the lives & experiences of all, while demonstrating to visitors that we love Jacó & honor the natural resources of our community.
Contact us today to make a contribution.